Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy New Month

In an attempt at something cogent, I thought I'd include you all in a tradition that I've had with at least two of my kids. I wish them "Happy New Month" at the beginning of each, well, new month.
The idea is old: Each day is a new beginning, and every month should be recognized as a collection of newness. Opportunities, reclamations, repair and amends.
This new month, I am going to lose weight. I swear. And I am looking with great caution at the 25th. And if I don't, and my shirt collars still don't wrap around my neck, I will try it again next month.
But I've got my goals. Please stop today and make some, maybe three or four, and put them where you can see them.
You've heard this suggestion a bazillion times.
This month, do it.

http://www.edmcshane.com/Copyright Ed McShane - Happy Scribbles, Inc.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea this is, to wish your children a Happy New Month! Nice way for them to know that you care for them.

    My ongoing goal has been to clean and reorganize my office. I get busy on weekdays, and on weekends I get caught up with weekend chores. But your post is inspirational!! I think I will finally get down to working on my goal after all. And I will also try to accomplish this by 25th (Thanksgiving Day)!

    ReplyDelete